Head of Sales & Operations
Director of Installers
$17,500 Incentive to Rebuild a Sustainable Home in Sonoma County
June 28, 2019
In this week’s livestream, Patrick and Rex go over the Advanced Energy Rebuild Incentive which is a program funded by Sonoma Clean Power, Pacific Gas and Electric Company (PG&E), and the Bay Area Air Quality Management District to help homeowners in Sonoma and Mendocino Counties affected by October 2017 firestorms rebuild energy efficient, sustainable homes with up to $17,500 in incentives.
Advanced Energy Rebuild Program
Following the massive wildfires that affected Sonoma and Mendocino Counties in the fall of 2017, homeowners can receive up to $17,500 to rebuild their lost homes in a sustainable and energy-efficient way. This is an incredible incentive to those impacted by the tragic firestorms as these homes will have less reliance on the grid and will include energy efficient features and equipment as well as renewable energy systems, electric charging stations, and water-efficient landscaping in their designs. Sonoma Clean Power, PG&E, and Sonoma Clean Power are offering this incentive program that will grant customers access to multiple funding sources through one application process.
Homeowners can choose from one of the preconfigured incentive options below PLUS $5,000 for adding renewable energy.
Advanced Energy Home – Receive $7,500
Construction equal to 20% above current energy code requirements OR choose from a menu of energy features including:
- High performance walls or attics and advanced windows
- WaterSense efficient plumbing fixtures
- Water efficient landscaping
- 220V outlet at stove/range and clothes dryer
- Electric vehicle charging station (equipment free from Sonoma Clean Power)
All Electric Home – Receive $12,500
Construction equal to 20% above current energy code requirements with all electric appliances OR choose from a menu of energy features including:
- High performance walls and attics
- Insulation inspection
- “Cool” roof
- Verified enclosure sealing
- Electric heat pump hot water heater
- Smart thermostat
- Compact plumbing design
- Induction cooking
- Electric or heat pump clothes dryer
Add Renewable Energy – $5,000
Solar panel system with sufficient battery storage to help offset annual electric usage or long-term participation in a 100% renewable power option rate.
This program is only applicable to homeowners whose homes were destroyed in the October 2017 wildfires in Sonoma and Mendocino Counties. Homeowners’ electric service must be through Sonoma Clean Energy or PG&E. It is based on a first-come, first-served basis and applications must be submitted before installation begins. To qualify, submit your application by December 2019 to claim the incentives. In addition, the 30% Federal Tax Credit also steps down by the end of the year.
Below are the six steps necessary to receive incentives under the Advanced Energy Rebuild Program. Additional information on each step and the most up-to-date program information and application can be found on sonomacleanpower.org/advancedenergyrebuild.
- Find a Certified Energy Analyst (CEA). Your CEA will walk you through potential energy measures you can install in your new home and process the energy documentation required for your permit.
- Complete an Energy Model. Your CEA will create an energy model for your new home, which is also required for your construction permit.
- Submit Program Application. An online application and a list of required documentation can be found at sonomacleanpower.org/advancedenergyrebuild.
- Receive 50% of Total Incentive. Upon application approval, you will receive an acceptance letter, an incentive request form to be completed at a later state, and a check for 50% of the incentive.
- Find a HERS Rater. Every new home built in California requires a Home Energy Rating System (HERS) Rater to perform an energy analysis of the homes design. The HERS Rater will share documentation of your home’s performance with Advanced Energy Rebuild.
- Complete Incentive Request Form. To receive the final 50% of total incentive, complete, sign, and date the incentive request form that was provided earlier and return as directed. Upon final review, a check will be issued for the balance of the incentive amount.
At Pick My Solar, we would like to do our part and include a $500 rebate for those looking to add solar or battery to their new sustainable homes through this program. Our Energy Advisors look forward to showing you solar quotes for your new home from top quality providers near you!